Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: General Wang's Goodbye

General Wang's Goodbye

I'd like to start off by saying that one day, there will be something that I meant to say here, but I didn't. I'd hate to leave questions unanswered as those who read these words will retell my Graal legacy. Unfortunately, that's how life is. There are some things that we'll never find out. What matters is that we let life move forward and avoid fixating on the what-ifs.

Four years ago to this day, April 23, I downloaded and played Graal for the first time. I'm originally from Classic, and it was there that I began to enjoy the game. For awhile, I played exclusively with my friends from school. Soon, my cousins and brother, the ones you know as poorface, failure, and bobo, joined me. Together we formed a guild and gained our first truly online friends. There were a few, but the two that stood out in my mind were named Ray and NaTe. Ray was always a good sport whenever we gave him challenges to test his womanizing capabilities. And NaTe had an enjoyment of finding glitches and hacking some minor aspects of the game. They were unforgettable characters, but unfortunately, they drifted away in time.

The next chapter of my Classic career was when I joined Pandemonium. There, I met unforgettable people like Whit, Minicoop, Tori, Nelly, and Crystal (apologies to those who I forgot). Unfortunately, Pande disbanded a week after I joined. I was lucky, though, because Project Soul allow me to join. There, I met two of the most influential characters of my Era career: Droozy and Siggy. There were plenty other Project Soul members who were my friends, like Azala, Sara, Haru, Blood, the ever-amazing Blizzard, Kin, Lucifer, and plenty others (again apologies to who I forgot). A little Classic history: Project Soul was formed after Venus Gospel was disbanded for doing something to get hours unfairly. Yet, they were third guild to reach 1000 hours (which was a lot back then). The members of Project Soul were an inspiring bunch of people that I hopefully will never forget. Time passed, and Project Soul fell apart. My cousins and I formed a new guild, P4R4N0RM4L (Paranormal), and that's when we met two of the greatest friends, Shane and Kenzie. Alongside several others (who I wish I had the names of) and old friends in the form of Tori, Nelly, and Crystal, we managed to have fun like before. But to me, something was missing. I quit on October 23, a year and a half after I joined.

Half a year later, I returned to Graal, but this time, I moved to Era, partly because my cousins were there, but also in fear that I'd come back to Classic to see all my friends gone. I came into idiotism immediately as one of their leaders because poor, fail, and bobo were the leaders. Within my first week, we were brought to the burger refuge and just had fun there. During this week, I met amazing people like Ean, Waffle, Tater, Yogy (say what you want, he's still an amazing person), DipnDotz, Dude1310 (those are the right numbers, right?), and many others. And then we all met Jenifer and her gang, XOXO, for the first time. Waffle allied them, and due to our dislike of being unable to hear all talking parties, idiotism allied XOXO. She's probably going to be mad at me, but I'll say this anyways. At first, Jenifer always seemed annoying to me, just like Blood from PS. When both of them were still new to the game, they always just used pm's to respond to gang messages. I emphasize the "always." One of the more defining moments of my Era career was when Jenifer randomly pm'd me and told me that she wanted to quit. It's hard to explain why I tried stopping her, since I found her annoying at the time, but I tried anyways. Whether or not I made a difference, the experience made me want to stay on Era for a bit longer before I left. In my first year with Era, I had two missions: Build a longstanding gang of friends and find my old friend, Siggy.

As we know, the gang of friends became idiotism. I'm especially proud of all those who've come through our gang and I'm even more proud of those who stuck it out with us until the very end. Correct me if I'm wrong, but those who were with us were Slade, Nicko, Paul Frank, Xena, Familia, Weird, Soma, Cat612, Poetic, Fsh, EVIL, Blizzard (yes, the same one from before), Slasher, Chabi, Chris, KP, Nabu, yet another Chris, Chaotic, a bunch of Jenifer's XOXO friends (apologies to you guys also) and so many others (you can check the roster). Also, I can't forget to thank our basing helpers who were in IM GOING CRAZY, bobo's "sub" for idiotism. You know who you are (the only two I remember are Yami and Mizuo). Sorry I can't say something nice about all of you, but there simply isn't enough time and I don't want this post to become a book (even though it might already be one).

My second mission was to find one of my best friends, Sig. Just days before I came back, he sold his phone (I think that's what he told me). There were times where I had followed a long trail laid for my by some former Project Soul members only for it to lead nowhere. After months of thinking that I would someday find my old friend who I never had a chance to say goodbye to, I began losing hope. But one day in June 2012, a tip was given to me by Isabel from PS which led me to my friend. What's even more amazing is that minutes after I talked to Isabel, she was permanently banned. What's to be learned from my journey to find a lost friend is that nothing's impossible as long as you work towards it.

After great relief, I took an extended absence from Era. Idiotism sort of dissolved. You can read about that in one of the Graalian articles or on Graalians if you can find bobo's thread (sorry for saying the name of that other forum). So around February, I came back, more active than before to restore idiotism into what it was the summer before. Many of us returned and we had fun. But the fun didn't last forever.

Soon, bobo and poor quit, for reasons I'd rather not say. Idiotism began to collapse also. Many of us left. After time passed, it soon became clear that I had to follow them soon. The final nail in the coffin was when XOXO disbanded. There's nothing I can do now, but more importantly, there's nothing I need to do now. I've enjoyed the wild ride that both Classic and Era has blessed me with and if I could do it all over again, I would. But it's time to grow up and walk down a new path.

There's a lot that I left out of this story, I know. I just wanted to hit the highlights, and I feel confident in saying that I did. I know my last stretch wasn't exciting, but there isn't much I want to say. Again, there's so many unanswered questions, but I don't feel the need to answer them unless they're directly asked to me. Again, many apologies to the guys and gals that I didn't mention, specifically many of those in Mercy and the former XOXO. I'm sorry it has to end this way. Yet at the same time, I have no regrets. I hope you don't hate me. I hope you all find success somewhere. I hope we meet again someday. There's so many hopes and expectations that I know all of you will achieve. I can't be any happier. Your future is bright, my future is bright. Take care and goodbye.
    Last edited by General Wang; 04-24-2014 at 04:06 AM.

Post for the Q&A

The following was the original post that I made on April 22. I'm not sure if I am still going to continue with my original plan to do a Q&A.
    EDIT: After posting a collection of my Graal memories, I feel that I should answer some questions for the next week or so. If you want to, you can leave a question below and I'll try to respond to it.

Original Post starts here:

I feel confident in saying that I am ready to quit and leave permanently. As you may or may not already know, my plan is to quit tomorrow, April 23, 2014. There's a lot I want to say, but so little time to say it. Tomorrow, I plan on editing this paragraph to retell my story and thank all those who have been a part of my Graal experience. But until then, I want to leave this community with some closure that they so deserve.

There's some of you who probably have many questions about myself, Idiotism, and the members of Idiotism that are no longer with us. There's not much I can really tell you about some things, simply because I don't know, but I want to try my best to leave all my Graal knowledge with this Era community. So, ask your questions in this thread and I'll try my best to answer them before tomorrow. Also, before anyone asks for my items or my account, you should know that all of that has been taken care of in advance. I look forward to answering your questions and leaving behind whatever information that I can.
    Last edited by General Wang; 04-24-2014 at 03:40 AM.

Going to go ahead and say this now if I don't get the chance to see you tomorrow.

We've known each other for what... about two years now? Over these last couple of months I've really gotten to know you personally. You truly are an unforgettable person with an extremely unique personality. You have been the host to some of my most memorable things I've ever done and will do in Graal. You never ceased to amuse me with your extensive knowledge over anything and everything. You and the rest of Idiotism, believe it or not, actually taught me a lot of important life lessons, which I deeply appreciate. You've always been a loyal companion and I hope I was the same to you. I hope to see you again one day. #GuysNightOut4Life

Big Cheese
    Bye Wang! Take care. We will miss you =)

Bye Wang c:
    ha nab

#LargeSignatureSquad

Now, im not sure why, but yesterday I was going through all of my old photos and happened to stumble across this picture.
    It's kind of hard to explain what's going on really, and why I decided to take a screenshot of this time, but I'm glad I did. I remember joining Idiotism back in 2011, I honestly don't even know why they wanted me to join in the first place, I had never talked to them, at the time I think I even sort of despised them myself, but nonetheless I gave this gang a shot anyways. At first I didn't really say much of anything and I kind of just stood idly by doing my own thing like I always had, but I noticed after a while what this gang was really like and I'm glad I had joined.

In the gang no one was really rude to each other, we all liked each other for the most part and got a long well, even if we do all come from different backgrounds. If anything we resembled something like a family. If you had a question it would be answered, if you needed help, it would be given; that's just the way we were s with each other. We all helped each other accomplish our goals and we had fun doing it, together. If anything it's almost as if everyone cared for each other like we we're an actual family.

Being in this gang has taught me a lot; nothing is going to come easy, especially friendships that last. It is almost saddening to see one of the final and most important remaining members of my family leave the game once and for all, but holding him all back wouldn't be fair to him either. So I'm truly going to miss you Wang. You have helped me out in numerous ways and I never got to repay you for them, as well as the other members of our family. I'm sure you've touched a lot of people in this game and will continue to do so throughout your life. So goodbye my friend, may life do you well.
    IMG_0479.jpg

Banned
    You don't leave behind information, you leave behind a legacy.

Since this isn't actually good bye between you and I, I don't have much to say besides you've led me through one heck of a ride on Graal, and nothing was the same, or will be the same, since you first introduced me to this game.

I didn't really talk to you much, but I wish you the best

Well, Slade about summed us up perfectly. At our prime we actually for resemble something close to a family. It's sad too see that I'll probably never get that same feeling in a game again.

Newcomer
    goodbye man u were in inspire to me even tho we never talked man u changed era i wish u the best