Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Has there been more lag lately? Or is it just me?

Every few minutes my game would "freeze," to where I can't move and everything on my screen is frozen. I have heard others saying they have this as well. I can't even PK now or spar because of it and it's really annoying.
    Roaming.

Can't tell where our server has been upgraded. It has degressed over the past three almost four years of play.
    Please message me here: http://www.era-go.com/forum/private.php?do=newpm&u=79 if you have any questions or concerns!

Welcome to Era-Go, a way to better interact with the Era community!

Yeah there is definitely more lag than there was 3 years ago. That's because there is now 3,000+ players on constantly, not 300 members like there used to be.

Big Cheese Captain
    Sure, it may be easy to say "omg i hate dis game cuz of lag", but lets be honest here for a minute. Graal doesn't have the best servers for online. We all know that. But think about 3000+ players all sending and recieving thousands upon thousands of files per minute. I wouldn't be surprized if the server lagged even more. I think I'm one of the few people who doesn't experience lag.
    iEra Developer / SFX Admin

Need help? Contact me:
    Email: [email protected]

Yep that freezing lag is the reason I don't like to play anymore, I wish the server was like 3 yrs ago I used to be addicted to this game back then, the lag now just makes me not wanna even play.

Big Cheese
    I don't really receive as much lag. It happens rarely to me.
    Returned... I think. Lmao. I missed all of y'all <3

Quote Originally Posted by ShizGodsu View Post
    Every few minutes my game would "freeze," to where I can't move and everything on my screen is frozen. I have heard others saying they have this as well. I can't even PK now or spar because of it and it's really annoying.
    Same. Odd little "lag spikes". Not a continuous lag.

I don't need treasure, darling. You're worth your weight in gold.

Care to see my graphics? Click here.

"Starboard is to the right because all starfish are right-handed," -Gulliver

Quote Originally Posted by ShizGodsu View Post
    all the time i thought it was my device but my iphone 5 does it to

Thank's for the input everyone. I know there have been messages from every so often saying iEra has gone through server upgrades in the past. But, I guess it's been very minimal. Only enough to keep the server from crashing under the stress from so many people online nowadays. For any action-packed online game it's an absolute necessity to keep lag as low as possible. Or at the very least, stable. If gameplay is going to return to a competitive standard, I hope the servers are updated enough to ensure quality, lag-free gameplay as well.

That being said, is it possible for us players to request a massive server upgrade if possible? Maybe at least a petition so Toonslab, Stefan, or whoever in charge of maintaining servers become more aware of the problem or something.

About the Facebook client thing, I don't think I noticed any input lag? Well maybe some on weapon equip or reload, but I always assumed that was a server lag issue like I've also experienced on my iPad. If staff had any free time, it'd be nice to make sure that the Facebook client is well optimized and lag-free...

Having a mobile server only graal client would be really nice to have. I wouldn't mind downloading one even if it meant giving up on Facebook Uploads because it's probably difficult for a screenshot to be made and uploaded with the ease that the current available clients have.
    Author of EraAWSD: http://era-go.com/forum/showthread.p...l=1#post195094 (Updated 15-09-2015)

Just some music... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h41Rrk_6rzs (Updated 02-20-2016)