Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Chemical Gun

Banned

Question Chemical Gun

Well, hi again.

As you're wondering why I created this thread is not because I hate it but I just have a few question/issues about how the gun actually works since it cost 200ec
    and it took me more than 2 months to earn it(not bragging, just something I would like most of you, the viewers, to know).

Here it goes: I've tested the explosive mode on the Gun Tester at Spar Complex and it showed the damage to be 4. Normally if you test it with any other gun, you'll see it giving a result of 1 damage lesser.
    It's because the NPC was made to show the gun's damage in Good Shape instead of Perfect.

Pic of Test: image.jpg

Now the next issue is that how does the explosive/bullet even work?
    I thought it actually does 5 damage since the results was 4, but I was quite confused on its effect.
    I've tested it on my friends multiple times and it showed that the bullets only does 4 damage. With explosive effect it does 8 damage(at a very high chance per bullet).

The next issue is this: The chem gun seems to show a result of 5 damage on NPCs(cronos, turkeys etc) instead of 4. I'm not sure if this is a bug or so but its really confusing because I do not know what is the actual damage it does when using the Explosive Mode. Having to test it with other guns such as BAR will give a result of 1 damage lesser just like the Gun Tester. I tried every possible way to see how the explosive mode works but it still turns out the same. The explosive did not affect the NPCs so don't need to point that out.

Pic of NPC: image.jpg

That's all I have to say, I posted under this section because it's relating to Weapons and I don't like posting 'bugs' in Letters To Staff.
    Last edited by Star*; 12-01-2014 at 02:23 PM.

quite questionable.
    it's really confusing how much dmg you deal every shot taken,even I was confused when you tested on me.
    Mainly on Era-Go,so if you're wanting to talk to me about a subject,shoot me a message or you could even private message me in-game!
    Always have a fun time,even when you're not!

I've realized this too. There may be a few flaws with how this works. I've tested it with BAR and it gives me 9 as the damage, but I have it at perfect so it should've been 10. I went to test it on an NPC, and sure enough, it gave me the 10 damage mark.

The reason it gives you the good shape damage is because it can also give you information, so instead of showing the actual damage, it gives you the regular damage it got from the information it was given.

Overall, the chem gun is not a bug, it's just the system giving information that was input into it.

Click the Spoiler to see my fan art!
     Spoiler

- 2012 iEra Player -
    - 2013 Era-GO Member -
    - iEra Ex-Player Relations -
    - Era-GO Ex-Moderator (Twice) -

Banned
    All I know is that flamethrower is better than Chem imo...
    Considering it's freeze got buffed a bit which makes you move quicker while spamming and then Chem has the same effect as Minigun(slowness).

I even asked GON and he prefers flamethrower more than Chem.
    I tried PMing Sam & Rec but did not even get one single reply.
    Last edited by Star*; 12-01-2014 at 02:17 PM.

Just to add to what Jake has said, it takes great determination to save and earn all the way up to 200ec, many player just decide to spend once they've reached 100 or 125. Therefore, chemical gun's stats needs to outweigh flame.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by iT'sJake! View Post
    It was more OP after release. However, it was nerfed a few hours after release but Gon was the only player to have it, and so he was notified about it. So I'm not sure how you know about that nerf, but yeah.... I do think it should be upgraded in stats for a gun that's double the EC of flamethrower which is supposedly better than Chemical.
    I'm actually quite good around gun testings(see what I did there), I just like testing out new guns that are released or earned by me before trying to start a debate.

Can you tell more how was Chem Gun upon it's release?
    Last edited by Star*; 12-01-2014 at 08:43 PM.

If this Helps: http://item.era-go.com/

Go to C and click of Chemical Gun. It will give some info to anyone who is wondering a bit about Chemical Gun.
    My name is Tyler

2015 & 2020 Player Relations
    2014 Forum Mod

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by tahmaw View Post
    If this Helps: http://item.era-go.com/

Go to C and click of Chemical Gun. It will give some info to anyone who is wondering a bit about Chemical Gun.
    It isn't a really helpful guide when there's a Event House...

What supposedly makes it 100 more ec worth is the slime attachment.
    Questions? Don't be afraid to message me.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by AceLion View Post
    What supposedly makes it 100 more ec worth is the slime attachment.
    But the most basic thing to focus on is the Explosive Mode as well.
    The freeze is higher than Minigun's and that's what makes it really awful.