Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: What do you miss most about the 'old' iEra?

Quote Originally Posted by Bram View Post
    Never exist
    there once was a time. between the times of jatz, trixta, pix and hearts
    I do LPs (lets plays) of many video games on almost every console, including Graal Era on ios! New Videos are added daily! Comment, thumbs up and subscribe! Each of those will help my channel grow and increase the consumer quality you all enjoy!
    Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/SpyN64
    (feel free to contact me through email or graal era regarding my youtube channel or things on graal. ALL feedback is accepted.)
    Email- [email protected]

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SpyN64 View Post
    there once was a time. between the times of jatz, trixta, pix and hearts
    Screw Hearts, she abused her rights just for sK.

Quote Originally Posted by iBliss View Post
    Personally I liked the old start / tileset. I don't know why but when I think of about the time I started playing it just sticks with me.

Also the old era fashion building with the chair and seat on top.
    Same
    Resigned the staff team- Thanks for all the good times =)

I miss when there wasn't any speed boost crap.
    Questions? Don't be afraid to message me.

Quote Originally Posted by AceLion View Post
    I miss when there wasn't any speed boost crap.
    Speed boost was an improvement.
    Just being me.

Quote Originally Posted by Bram View Post
    Speed boost was an improvement.
    Re think that, i can write a paragraph on how it's not but i rather not.
    Questions? Don't be afraid to message me.

I miss the event laser tag and musical chairs lol.

- - - Updated - - -

I miss the events, laser tag and musical chairs lol.
    I love helping and answering questions, so just shoot me a message if any helps needed.

The only thing I really miss about the "older" days of iEra is the limited guns.
    Back when people used Sten, M4, and Tec9; it was just a more competitive experience because people didn't have the luxury of letting their wallet fight for them.

But I also realize that the newer guns were necessary to keep the game afloat, as far as funding is concerned.
    It's in the nature of a successful mobile game to expand on the original mission statement; I just wish they would have kept certain boundaries in mind when expanding.
    But that's neither here nor there at this point.
    On a positive note, at least it's not as bad as Era PC (0.05 freeze guns without sacrificing fire rate).

By the whole, I feel the game has greatly improved over time.
    The gun issue could be addressed by making the arenas (both sparring and bases) larger.
    The smaller the area, the more effective spamming is, because it limits dodging.

Quote Originally Posted by AceLion View Post
    Re think that, i can write a paragraph on how it's not but i rather not.
    If you don't mind, I'd like to see your paragraph.
    I've always been curious what the other side thinks.

I'm the one that pushed for the speed boost, because I felt iEra was lacking it.
    Having played the PC Server since 2002, faster walk speed has always gone hand-in-hand with projectile PKing.
    Most of the skill involved in projectile PKing is in one's dodging ability.

I feel that speed boost is an improvement because it opens up the possibilities with bullet dodging.

Prior to the speed boost, the game was more about trapping.
    Guns that had a high rate of fire reigned supreme because the slow walk speed prevented people from escaping the spam they created.
    Even if somebody had the dodging ability, the slow walk speed prevented them from utilizing it.

I'd actually like to see the speed increased from 0.69 to 0.72, but 0.69 is the compromise we came to.

Additionally, iEra was originally supposed to have the increased walk speed.
    It was decided to make the speed slower though, because of the visibility limitation on the small iPhone screens.
    They didn't want people running into stuff that they didn't see coming.

When the pinch zoom came out, we no longer had that limitation; so we made it happen.
    Tune in for live streaming action from gang bases, events, and other iEra activities, with commentary!

Quote Originally Posted by Meph View Post
    The only thing I really miss about the "older" days of iEra is the limited guns.
    Back when people used Sten, M4, and Tec9; it was just a more competitive experience because people didn't have the luxury of letting their wallet fight for them.

But I also realize that the newer guns were necessary to keep the game afloat, as far as funding is concerned.
    It's in the nature of a successful mobile game to expand on the original mission statement; I just wish they would have kept certain boundaries in mind when expanding.
    But that's neither here nor there at this point.
    On a positive note, at least it's not as bad as Era PC (0.05 freeze guns without sacrificing fire rate).

By the whole, I feel the game has greatly improved over time.
    The gun issue could be addressed by making the arenas (both sparring and bases) larger.
    The smaller the area, the more effective spamming is, because it limits dodging.

If you don't mind, I'd like to see your paragraph.
    I've always been curious what the other side thinks.

I'm the one that pushed for the speed boost, because I felt iEra was lacking it.
    Having played the PC Server since 2002, faster walk speed has always gone hand-in-hand with projectile PKing.
    Most of the skill involved in projectile PKing is in one's dodging ability.

I feel that speed boost is an improvement because it opens up the possibilities with bullet dodging.

Prior to the speed boost, the game was more about trapping.
    Guns that had a high rate of fire reigned supreme because the slow walk speed prevented people from escaping the spam they created.
    Even if somebody had the dodging ability, the slow walk speed prevented them from utilizing it.

I'd actually like to see the speed increased from 0.69 to 0.72, but 0.69 is the compromise we came to.

Additionally, iEra was originally supposed to have the increased walk speed.
    It was decided to make the speed slower though, because of the visibility limitation on the small iPhone screens.
    They didn't want people running into stuff that they didn't see coming.

When the pinch zoom came out, we no longer had that limitation; so we made it happen.
    I would like to say that I personally love reading your long paragraphs. I enjoy reading the complex words and your great grammar that is used. Please stay in the iEra community forever and continue writing. I was actually waiting for you to comment on here. I hope you and your family enjoy a nice an heartwarming Christmas as well!

Am i the only only one That enjoyed,making a zoo of New players.
    Set them stuck in cages
    And they couldnt leave because there wasnt any "out "button om anyway to leave
    So they were stuck in my house for days
    That was surely the best thing ever.
    Just being me.