Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: How To Make a Successful Basing Gang

How To Make a Successful Basing Gang

Just some tips to make a successful basing gang:

1. The leader needs to have skill. Don't make a gang until you are ready yourself.

2. Don't quit because the 2-3 week of any new gang is the true test period of whether your gang will last long.

3. Always have some friends that will want to start the gang with you because in tough times they will be by your side basing when no one else is.

4. Don't ask for loyalty....it should be a given and your members should want to stay in your gang. Now everyone you recruit is not going to stay so don't get discouraged.

5. If you want loyal members you should be basing everyday and getting around 3-7 hrs everyday.

6. When you start basing every gang will be targeting you because no one has heard of you. This is the time to show everyone what you can do.

7. Choose your battles wisely. There is a balance of showing dominance and getting hours. If you want to show dominance, you will be getting less hours then usual because you will be following gangs or raiding rather than sitting in a base and getting hours.

8. Show Dominance in your first few weeks of creating a gang. Don't go and challenge the biggest gang on the block but there are plenty of other gangs that match your skill level. If there aren't any gangs that are as bad as you....disband the gang and wait till you get more skill.

9. Make a choice on what type of gang you will want to make. A numbers gang or a skill based gang. If your looking for a numbers gang I don't really have much advice for you other then recruit everyone and everything and outnumber your opponent. Doesn't matter how much skill a gang has, if you have enough members you can take their base. A skill gang is harder to create because you have to develop your members to have good teamwork.

10. DONT RECRUIT skilled players that you have "heard of" because if they aren't alrdy in a basing gang, there is a reason. My rule is I'm hesitant to recruit anyone with 70k+ kills but that's because Im at 200k+ kills.

11. The best recruits always come at 15k-40k kills because they know what they are doing and can be developed into great basers. Again my range is higher because I'm at 200k+ kills.

Commandments no gang members should break
    1. No Offtag
    2. No AFK
    3. No Slacking

These result in demotion or kik. Slacking is very general, its basically they are doing something other then basing without ldrs permission.

Hope this helps to all of the people making new gangs. Feel free to add to the list and if I agree I will add it in

Another thing is not to get too cocky too early as that will result in other gangs aiming for your gang more frequently.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Greg View Post
    Another thing is not to get too cocky too early as that will result in other gangs aiming for your gang more frequently.
    That's ok if you can handle it ik I handled it well lol.

Banned
    You forgot to be very active(or I just missed it, skimmed through). If the leader is extremely active then the rest comes ez, must be skilled as well tho.

Its not a bad idea either to take a person with less than 15k kills to train them to become a great baser/sparrer (If you want to teach spar to) For example in blackwater i had 2k kills and they took me in a year ago trained me and now i have a decent amount of kills and a nice spar ratio lol.Thats usually if you have a bigger gang though

I like it :-)
    Roaming.

Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    You forgot to be very active(or I just missed it, skimmed through). If the leader is extremely active then the rest comes ez, must be skilled as well tho.
    Well to do everything on that list you need to be very active lol. that's kinda a given.

Banned
    You can easily do everything on the list being innactive, so no it wasn't a given.

VERY true but your missing a simple one.(I know I am not one to talk, I don't have any well known gangs)At the start your gang name has to be attractive.. Along with it's gang pic... If its stupid no one wants there gang to join a gang that looks nooby
    Oz!
    Gfx Artist and Era Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    You can easily do everything on the list being innactive, so no it wasn't a given.
    Using your gang as an example, how many times have you gone inactive and it shut down entirely? No it's not easy as you say, unless you have friends such as the ones in iFreeze determined to keep things running without you. My advice is not to kick everyone upon going inactive or handing out ranks like candy and making false promises.

If you do what I just said not to do it turns into a numbers gang sound familiar?
    Last edited by Ventus; 08-09-2013 at 05:47 PM.