Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Kicking "AFK" People

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    People think im self centered when i just tried to use it as a reference.
    You don't use the word 'think' if you're already exposing it yourself.

why are you here? i mean if your just going to shoot this idea down right away.

Dumb idea no offense someone lock the thread it's pointless

Banned
    why are you here? i mean if your just going to shoot this idea down right away.
    Everyone had shot you down.

We actually have a point to AFK sometimes,it would be pretty annoying if you get kicked so frequently. x.x
    If you're experiencing lag,or a freezing screen try getting closer to your router or even upgrading it.
    You can't blame it on us for afking and causing you lag,we have our reasons to do so,we might be busy irl,so don't judge us.
    Mainly on Era-Go,so if you're wanting to talk to me about a subject,shoot me a message or you could even private message me in-game!
    Always have a fun time,even when you're not!

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy Rodgers View Post
    Let's not all shoot his idea down, it has potential to it and could also help solve an issue that players will NOT shut up about. I've always wanted a better and more effective AFK manager, if the people at Astros and Start who haven't been moving for 10 minutes were kicked from the server we would all have less server lag and a more enjoyable playing experience. However, if you're just suggesting this due to the fact that your screen is freezing every 8 seconds than you're suggesting something that's not worth your time. Screen freeze is entirely dependent on your device and it's functionality, try upgrading to a better device or clearing storage on your current one as well as disabling certain effects on Era.
    Alright, let's be honest, anyone who plays on a last generation device deals with a profound amount of screen freezes. I'm assuming the 4 or 5 of you who shot down this thread so quickly play on either on an iPad Air 2, iPad mini3, an iPhone 6, or a next gen android device.
    Some of you do have a point: it probably does have a lot to do with our outdated devices (shoutout to the technology industry that continues to change so very rapidly). However, I'm sure it also has to do with iEra's owners' inability to give it the server upgrade it clearly deserves, and more updates that include optimization for the app that will allow it to run more efficiently.

Not all of us can buy a new $200-$500 device to play era every time a new generation of devices come out.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Itachi View Post
    We actually have a point to AFK sometimes,it would be pretty annoying if you get kicked so frequently. x.x
    If you're experiencing lag,or a freezing screen try getting closer to your router or even upgrading it.
    You can't blame it on us for afking and causing you lag,we have our reasons to do so,we might be busy irl,so don't judge us.
    No, we can blame it on you if you're afking for 15+ minutes. If you have something to do, turn off your device and go do whatever has caused you to afk for such a long time.

Afk is worthless...i would know. i vote to end it bc it only adds strain to the server and its a waste of an activity. You should only get hours for playing the game, not jumproping on the map for hours while you go and do other things.

Everyone hates lag, and there are a LOT of people complaining about it. Being selfish and doing things that only support you and your ideas are completely unnecessary. But you need to understand, Thousands of players log on each day and cause the server unbelievable strain. Kicking afk people would be useless, as there are still people logging on. There wouldn't be people who are afk, but there would be more server overloads of people, get it? And its the players who yell out #FREEGRALATS and people who spam the outside world chat and explosives and so much other annoying junk that causes the lag. The afk player itself is too small a factor. OH and you know at event? when people crowd around and the lag explodes off the charts? That's what i mean.
    Byeeeeeeeeee.

Quote Originally Posted by Jittlez View Post
    Everyone hates lag, and there are a LOT of people complaining about it. Being selfish and doing things that only support you and your ideas are completely unnecessary. But you need to understand, Thousands of players log on each day and cause the server unbelievable strain. Kicking afk people would be useless, as there are still people logging on. There wouldn't be people who are afk, but there would be more server overloads of people, get it? And its the players who yell out #FREEGRALATS and people who spam the outside world chat and explosives and so much other annoying junk that causes the lag. The afk player itself is too small a factor. OH and you know at event? when people crowd around and the lag explodes off the charts? That's what i mean.
    For the last time i didnt mean it in a selfish way. I simply implied it would help with server lag.

- - - Updated - - -

also whats more selfish? Staying on AFKing for some new achievement, or earning your hours by playing and putting less players on the server that AFK all day.

For the last time i didnt mean it in a selfish way. I simply implied it would help with server lag.

- - - Updated - - -

also whats more selfish? Staying on AFKing for some new achievement, or earning your hours by playing and putting less players on the server that AFK all day.
    Im agreeing with you, I am, I think something need to be done, and that hours should be earned, and I know you didn't mean to be selfish, but the it's being overlooked how many other, more supportive solutions there are. What I am saying is that the solution you said was selfish, not just towards you, but others like you. And that's not a bad thing.
    Byeeeeeeeeee.