Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Attempt #4

Attempt #4

Haha, despite the title, this time I'm actual serious. Throughout the years I have met a lot of interesting players in this game, but today I just realized something, they aren't friends. In real life I have actual friends. I'm not an outcast, and this game has had a huge impact on my life, and I am now just understanding that it is a plague, but it can be left. Nothing here really matters, and the players I most likely won't ever come across. For all the players who I have met, have fun and don't let this game take control over your life, it's just a game, don't blow all your money on it either, you'll need it more some day, I'm also realizing that. Well have fun guys.

Thanks, but you are wrong. These ARE friends, despite the fact that we will never meet them, they are there for us.. Good and bad times.. Maybe I can never meet Kyle Kol, my good friend who I met when I was a noob on iEra, but he has been there for me.. As I for him. He is my good friend. These players you call friends on iEra might not be real friends, but some of them can. Don't forget we all have feelings. Even if its a game, its a social game. We interact with new people, not knowing who they are, by we can always find a good friend in there. Grace, Reborn, Shadow, Waiter, are far away from me, but they are my friends.

I agree with the money part. Don't spend any money!

"An artifical world, where no one really knows anyone else. I immersed myself in that wonderful world, but my two years in SAO taught me something else: That there's no meaningful difference between a real and a virtual world. It's pointless to ask anyone else who they really are. All you can do is accept and believe in them, because whoever they are in your mind is their true identity." -Kazuto Kirigaya, Sword Art Online

To some, the internet is the real world. I knew a boy who was cut off from society. Wasn't allowed outside by his parents. We typed to each other in games. We voice chatted. We video chatted. I was one of the few friends he had, though they were all relations he created over the internet. Can you truly tell me that he had no friends? I'm not telling you to waste your time playing a game that can take your time due to addiction. I'm not telling you to blow all of your money on it. I'm not even telling you to play it, but please, don't tell everyone that the internet is a place void of emotion, where humans don't actually befriend each other. I might not be who you think I am, and you might not be who I think you are. Who's to say that I'm even a boy? Who's to say that I'm even a human? No one. That's the beauty of the internet. If you can't accept that you may befriend someone whose identity is unknown to you, then maybe internet friendships aren't geared towards you, but there are those out there who are completely fine with it. If you told this to any of your online friends before cutting ties with them, I'd kindly ask that you rethink what you said and take it back. Have a good evening.

I don't need treasure, darling. You're worth your weight in gold.

Care to see my graphics? Click here.

"Starboard is to the right because all starfish are right-handed," -Gulliver

Haha, I won't take it back. For this is a matter of opinion. And many people in this game compare this game to life, and that right there is messed up. The internet is a good way to relieve stress, but it's a proven fact that it's not a substitute for real social interaction, so no matter what you think, they aren't real friends. They're words on a screen. They may be good to associate with, but friends are people who would jump in to help you at any time. I was attacked by these two dudes that I don't really get along with, and my friend jumped in and helped me. Could your virtual friends do that? No, they're virtual friends. It's also been proven that no matter who you are there's someone for you to associate with. The internet shouldn't be taken so serious, and you also shouldn't spend more time with your virtual friends then real people.

One day you'll understand.

Some people don't have real friends. Not everyone has true friends, you know? That's why they stay on the internet. Find friends from other places.

There's a friend for everybody, you just have to try and find one.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Distorted View Post
    Haha, I won't take it back. For this is a matter of opinion. And many people in this game compare this game to life, and that right there is messed up. The internet is a good way to relieve stress, but it's a proven fact that it's not a substitute for real social interaction, so no matter what you think, they aren't real friends. They're words on a screen. They may be good to associate with, but friends are people who would jump in to help you at any time. I was attacked by these two dudes that I don't really get along with, and my friend jumped in and helped me. Could your virtual friends do that? No, they're virtual friends. It's also been proven that no matter who you are there's someone for you to associate with. The internet shouldn't be taken so serious, and you also shouldn't spend more time with your virtual friends then real people.

One day you'll understand.
    The friends I had made from 2011 till now are those from the same country as me and I didn't regret making contact with them since they're all loyal & understanding people.

Probably you've made friends with someone from another state thus causing you to deliberately outcast yourself.

Communications Support xcloudx97's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by XSTARX View Post
    The friends I had made from 2011 till now are those from the same country as me and I didn't regret making contact with them since they're all loyal & understanding people.

Probably you've made friends with someone from another state thus causing you to deliberately outcast yourself.
    Who are you and what have you done to xstarx, i was not expecting so much cheese

Drop me a message if you have any queries.
    Please be specific,i won't bite.

Support center:support.toonslab.com
    New to the forums? Here's a guide!:http://era-go.com/forum/showthread.p...for-newcomers!

I feel like internet friends are way nicer to me than my real life friends. When I was sad, they would make me happy. When I was mad, they would talk it out with me

Click the Spoiler to see my fan art!
     Spoiler

- 2012 iEra Player -
    - 2013 Era-GO Member -
    - iEra Ex-Player Relations -
    - Era-GO Ex-Moderator (Twice) -

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey Zanereth View Post
    I feel like internet friends are way nicer to me than my real life friends. When I was sad, they would make me happy. When I was mad, they would talk it out with me

Preach.