Thread: Better Map.

Better Map.

I think the map could use an update starting with the graphics. But more importantly, new features.

I think a good one would make it so you can click on the shops and when you click on the shops a fullscreen menu drops down and the menu gives a very brief explanation of what is sold there. Also in this menu it'll show 1-4 of the items sold here because generally shops have a theme (especially gfx shops) so before walking all the way there to the shop you'll have be somewhat informed of what is sold there. (The menu would have a back button which would make the menu go away and the map pulled back up)

Another feature could be better searching. Maybe you saw someone using a weapon and you asked the name of it, and the player tells you but they ran off so now you don't know where to buy it, bummer. Well perhaps you could pull out your handy dandy Dora's little map and search the gun name, if the entered word matches up with any of the weapons in the era-go database then it'll look at the database, see where it's located and tell the player that. And show on the map where it's at. For Vip items, and auction items it'll simply just say "VIP Item" or "Auction Item" something along those lines. Now the search feature would require quite some work (mainly the era-go database) but with some hard work it'll get done in a decent amount of time and really help players out, ESPECIALLY newer players.

This last idea i highly doubt it'll get added but maybe use a GPS system. While having the map open if a player double taps/double click on a building of some kind (those that have names (hospitals, trade tables, gun shops, ect) it'll close their map and a blue arrow path will light up on the roads which will take them to the building on the quickest route by road. What if you're in the middle of the water you may ask? Just like video games with maps and GPS systems, it'll calculate the closest road to you and start the quickest route to your destination from there. This idea would take lots of work i believe which is why i don't think it'll be added, but it could help out players to keep them from reopening their map a hundred times before they actually get to their destination. (especially PC players as I, having to move your mouse to the map and then to the close button and the map can be a bit laggy dependent on your laptop.

Those are just a few ideas i thought of, let me know what you think of them. All opinions welcomed.

Agree. Sounds like a good idea. But idk if admins will do it /:

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenshadow View Post
    I think the map could use an update starting with the graphics. But more importantly, new features.

I think a good one would make it so you can click on the shops and when you click on the shops a fullscreen menu drops down and the menu gives a very brief explanation of what is sold there. Also in this menu it'll show 1-4 of the items sold here because generally shops have a theme (especially gfx shops) so before walking all the way there to the shop you'll have be somewhat informed of what is sold there. (The menu would have a back button which would make the menu go away and the map pulled back up)

Another feature could be better searching. Maybe you saw someone using a weapon and you asked the name of it, and the player tells you but they ran off so now you don't know where to buy it, bummer. Well perhaps you could pull out your handy dandy Dora's little map and search the gun name, if the entered word matches up with any of the weapons in the era-go database then it'll look at the database, see where it's located and tell the player that. And show on the map where it's at. For Vip items, and auction items it'll simply just say "VIP Item" or "Auction Item" something along those lines. Now the search feature would require quite some work (mainly the era-go database) but with some hard work it'll get done in a decent amount of time and really help players out, ESPECIALLY newer players.

This last idea i highly doubt it'll get added but maybe use a GPS system. While having the map open if a player double taps/double click on a building of some kind (those that have names (hospitals, trade tables, gun shops, ect) it'll close their map and a blue arrow path will light up on the roads which will take them to the building on the quickest route by road. What if you're in the middle of the water you may ask? Just like video games with maps and GPS systems, it'll calculate the closest road to you and start the quickest route to your destination from there. This idea would take lots of work i believe which is why i don't think it'll be added, but it could help out players to keep them from reopening their map a hundred times before they actually get to their destination. (especially PC players as I, having to move your mouse to the map and then to the close button and the map can be a bit laggy dependent on your laptop.

Those are just a few ideas i thought of, let me know what you think of them. All opinions welcomed.
    Wow man you wrote a lot and I kinda feel bad this all sounds great but When the lest time they actually listened to what the community wanted :/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The GPS idea would be great for newbies and will make it cooler

You want breakfast? You gotta catch it!