Thanks Lune for the help.
Firstly the head definitely isn't a staff head and also nor an edit of one. Perhaps by making the colours e.g. the black skin and white eyes further away from true I can avoid automated rejections and it would be easier for admins to see that it isn't true. (Not like I should have to though.)
Also funnily enough I took inspiration from Joud's old head. Even though it may look similar I can assure you that It is pretty different apart from the general colour scheme. That head that I based mine off is from her npc (thing) in Arte.

The problem now is that I get these "bad upload" messages. Perhaps these are the automated rejection messages you mean ? - Sorry I'm new to this not sure on the lingo. Would this be because of the colours being so close to true or because the file has been rejected before ? This is preventing an admin even seeing it in the first place.

With point 2. and 3. These seem useful to follow and I will keep them in mind. I was already making a list on what admins were rejecting the files to avoid uploading when they were online. It seems so stupid that there is such inconsistency between what is deemed acceptable and what isn't. Lastly I see so many other players with crosses and they seemingly have no problems. However as you've said, from your personal experiences you've had problems with them so I will remove it as a last resort.

Again thank you