Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Disconnected While in Events solution

Disconnected While in Events solution

Hey guys. So, a few minutes ago, I was in trivia. 3 points. I was in the lead. As i was typing my answer for the next question, I got randomly disconnected from the server. When I logged back on (And this happens in any event or the events house) I was warped out of trivia. It was very suckish considering I was in the lead, and it wouldn't really be fair since all of a sudden I just randomly lost connection. I was not allowed to be warped back into the event, which is stupid if you ask me. How about a solution to this? If you are disconnected or you go offline while in the events house or an event, when you come back online you will still be there. But, if there is no event being hosted in that event level at the time, it should be made so the player is kicked like they normally would be. I really wish I had that chance at getting the EC i needed. Hope you guys take this idea into consideration.
    Graal Since 2009
    Experienced Levels Artist, Graphics Artist, Gani Artist
    Any questions? Feel free to ask!
    In-Game Name: MSM
    Email: [email protected]

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrmweiss (MSM) View Post
    Hey guys. So, a few minutes ago, I was in trivia. 3 points. I was in the lead. As i was typing my answer for the next question, I got randomly disconnected from the server. When I logged back on (And this happens in any event or the events house) I was warped out of trivia. It was very suckish considering I was in the lead, and it wouldn't really be fair since all of a sudden I just randomly lost connection. I was not allowed to be warped back into the event, which is stupid if you ask me. How about a solution to this? If you are disconnected or you go offline while in the events house or an event, when you come back online you will still be there. But, if there is no event being hosted in that event level at the time, it should be made so the player is kicked like they normally would be. I really wish I had that chance at getting the EC i needed. Hope you guys take this idea into consideration.
    Warping them back into event is not allowed. If they are paused while in a different event, it's cheating.

I must agree that something must be done, without very good internet, events are damn near impossible to either enter, finish or win.

Quote Originally Posted by XSTARX View Post
    Warping them back into event is not allowed. If they are paused while in a different event, it's cheating.
    First of all, I already mentioned I could not be warped back into an event. Second, there's no event you can be paused in to cheat.
    Graal Since 2009

First of all, I already mentioned I could not be warped back into an event. Second, there's no event you can be paused in to cheat.
    If you get disconnected (not being paused) from the game, your asking to stay in events while they continue without you, which in some events you can pop in at the end and win, therefor not playing fairly. Mostly chance events, but still.

If you are disconnected or you go offline while in the events house or an event, when you come back online you will still be there. But, if there is no event being hosted in that event level at the time, it should be made so the player is kicked like they normally would be.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey Zanereth View Post
    Guys, it's a real live cave person

Every single event that involves guns or melees can be won by pausing, because pausing makes you invincible. Essentially, you could stall out until it's just you and someone else (in tts for example), basically getting a free ride to the final match.

Bush race, gravity race, and crate race (doesn't involve melees) can be won if you lag and the blocks/plants/gravity don't load; you can easily exit the app, turn off wifi, turn it back on, and reenter and win. As your device is reconnecting, you will be able to slide right through entire rooms at a time without obstacles.

In other races, say, water race 1, you could be near the end but not thinking you'll win so you log out. Then, you play on another account or have a sibling tell you when more events are hosted. They open the original race and start it, you log on and win instantly.

Quote Originally Posted by Poorface View Post
    Every single event that involves guns or melees can be won by pausing, because pausing makes you invincible. Essentially, you could stall out until it's just you and someone else (in tts for example), basically getting a free ride to the final match.

Bush race, gravity race, and crate race (doesn't involve melees) can be won if you lag and the blocks/plants/gravity don't load; you can easily exit the app, turn off wifi, turn it back on, and reenter and win. As your device is reconnecting, you will be able to slide right through entire rooms at a time without obstacles.

In other races, say, water race 1, you could be near the end but not thinking you'll win so you log out. Then, you play on another account or have a sibling tell you when more events are hosted. They open the original race and start it, you log on and win instantly.
    Oh, didn't realize. Still though, it would be good for trivia because it concerns me every time i play that im close to winning and i might get disconnected
    Graal Since 2009

Banned
    Oh, didn't realize. Still though, it would be good for trivia because it concerns me every time i play that im close to winning and i might get disconnected
    Some admins warp the ones who are winning back that are "friends".

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by XSTARX View Post
    Some admins warp the ones who are winning back that are "friends".
    Javi warped me back one time (Because PC suddenly crashed), and I wasn't in the lead nor was I winning lol. And I hardly talk to him

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Cudi View Post
    Javi warped me back one time (Because PC suddenly crashed), and I wasn't in the lead nor was I winning lol. And I hardly talk to him
    Your era PC crashed. Maybe he knows cause you've PMed him?