Thread: Car Job Money Making Formula

Car Job Money Making Formula

Hi guys! So I decided to make a car job calculator/formula with some basic algebra and thinking, just to have a bit of fun! I created it to include everything needed when doing car jobs like, cost and time to fill up on fuel and the time taken to actually get the mission so that it gives an approximate (probably overshot) guess of how many hours it would take to save up a certain amount of money. The final formula I got was:

Time taken (hours) = 17 x goal amount / 30375

Simply put it into your calculator and it will give you the amount of hours it would take to make that much money. This formula though, was derived from my approximations on how long and how much certain things were.

For those who are interested on how I did it, here is the maths! And please, feel free to fix up any approximation which you think is incorrect!

Spoiler
    First step was to equate the goal amount in terms of no. of car jobs and refueling costs

NOTE: A/B would be A divided by B

Goal amount = (no. of car jobs x 50) - ((no. of car jobs / 30) x 150) (Approximations here are: 50g for each car job and 30 car jobs until full tank refuel with 150g for full tank refuel)

NOTE: I will use algebra from now when there are no new terms to keep it simpler (sorry to the guys who can't do maths)

eg for the line above it would be: G = 50n - (n / 30) x 150

Next steps were simplifying the goal amount equation

G = 50n - 5n
    G = 45n
    n = G/45

Now I made a new part of the formula for the time taken which I will combine later to the one above

The plain English start of this equation is:

Time taken = (no. of car jobs x no. of hours taken for the job) + (no. of car jobs x no. of hours taken to get the mission) + ((no. of car jobs / car jobs until full refuel) x no. of hours taken to refuel)

Which in algebraic terms would be:

T = (n x 1/60) + (n x 1/120) + (n/30 x 1/180) (Approximations being 1 min for doing the job, 1/2 min for getting the mission and 1/3 min refueling)

Again, I simplify the equation

T = n/60 + n/120 + n/5400
    T= 17n/675

Now that I have both parts, I can combine them together by substituting n= G/45 (which I got above) into the equation directly above this

T = (17 x G/45) / 675 (the first part in brackets is supposed to be on top of 675 just if it wasn't clear)
    T= (17G / 45) / 675
    T= 17G / 30375

And there you have it!!! The steps on how I derived this equation!!! Again, feel free to fix up any approximations you think are incorrect!!!

And if you want to find out how many days it would take, just divide the result by the number of hours you can play each day!!! And just remember the result would probably be a bit over the actual time it would take but will still be accurate to the nearest 2-3 hours!

I hope you have as much fun with it as I did making it! (no sarcasm intended btw)

I know the meaning of life
    My name is Tyler

2015 & 2020 Player Relations
    2014 Forum Mod

I have to go back to school ε=ε=ε=ε=ε=ε=┌(; ̄◇ ̄)┘
    This is my face when i care ◎_◎

It was brilliant playing around with this, thanks.
    I did something like this for mushroom picking, I will try to dig it up and private message it to you.

crd 2010-2015
    Also message me if you have any questions or concerns here.
    Or contact me by email at [email protected]
    Play Zone? Visit me over at their forums!
    Click a sitting Orc for my graphics thread

dude, you did not count the time that you have to wait when somebody got the mission before you, it is like X seconds each time, and you sad that you need to do job only 1 minute, and this false, cause it depends on place where you get job, so you if you do your job 1 minute, then this place will be overcroweded and X>10

IGN: SashaGryg/Skype: sashagrygprovych
    Ask for help and you will receive

Quote Originally Posted by tahmaw View Post
    I know the meaning of life
    Glad to see you liked it!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by crd View Post
    It was brilliant playing around with this, thanks.
    I did something like this for mushroom picking, I will try to dig it up and private message it to you.
    Sounds good man! I'd love to see it! :O

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SashaGryg View Post
    dude, you did not count the time that you have to wait when somebody got the mission before you, it is like X seconds each time, and you sad that you need to do job only 1 minute, and this false, cause it depends on place where you get job, so you if you do your job 1 minute, then this place will be overcroweded and X>10
    lol For a second there I thought I left it out XD But I included it in the equation so dw

"T = (n x 1/60) + (n x 1/120) + (n/30 x 1/180) (Approximations being 1 min for doing the job, 1/2 min for getting the mission and 1/3 min refueling)"

Just if you didn't see it in the spoiler

ough, yeah, then its okay, did not see it.

IGN: SashaGryg/Skype: sashagrygprovych
    Ask for help and you will receive