Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Investments

Street Boss

Investments

Hello!

This may or may not be a terrible idea/proposal for Era but here I go.
    I'll try to keep this as simple as possible.

As you can see, the title says investments. You may or may not be familiar with investing in real life (although I don't have many smarts when it comes to finance) but investing is what I like to call, easy money. Due to the bank having no purpose other than the looks, your favorite "AFK spot", and or car missions, I propose this idea.
    Now let's get straight to the point.
    You will basically open up a stock for investments which you can obviously store money in for a as long as you like. The percent interest per year (possibly month if favored) could be possibly 1% or 2% of the money that you choose to put inside of the bank. Note: You will not be able to withdraw money from the bank unless you'd like to reset your investment.

So let's say you had about 20,000 gralats inside of the bank.
    After a month or so, you will then have either 200 gralats or 400 gralats added onto your original amount which leads to you having 20,200/20,400 gralats.
    This is depending on chosen interest percentage.

Once again, I think of this as somewhat like cheating off money in Era.
    The most obvious flaw I see is that if you were to put a very large amount of gralats inside of that bank and "quit" for a year or two, you may become much more wealthy.

Please post your thoughts, ideas, etc towards this thread!

Thanks,
    Peter
    Last edited by Peter; 02-19-2014 at 10:11 PM.

great idea and then add a stock market also?
    Email Questions to: [email protected]
    Pm me questions: Eric Rage*(Rage)
    (Btw I don't rage, it's just a family thing)

I thought the bank would be good as a safe gate to store items, graalats and event coins to prevent anyone from spending stuff incase they got into your account. But I like this idea as well. It would be better if it went along with gameplay time as well, to prevent people from staying offline - make it a passive: a way to make money over time to prevent people from just going offline and making money that way, if it's even possible that is.

Also their should be a limit to how much you can add to the bank to prevent people from getting rich quick.
    Last edited by Uchiha; 02-19-2014 at 10:25 PM.
    If you would like to contact me
    Send a pm to my inbox: here
    Have a wonderful day!

Credit goes to iBliss for the sig

I am currently inactive, please review my bio Click here

yea like make the interest go for amount of hours played; Like 300 hours in game instead of 1 month, and so on
    Email Questions to: [email protected]
    Pm me questions: Eric Rage*(Rage)
    (Btw I don't rage, it's just a family thing)

I like the idea of a stock market. There could be a stock market building, inside would be where you can buy stocks for "Fake" companies. Some may include the "Events Team Company". If many events are hosted that day/week then the stock goes up. If little events are hosted, stock goes down. And, each gun shop can have it's own stock, or a stock company all together. If the amount of gun purchases go up, stock price goes up. If the amount of gun purchases is very little that day/week, the stock price goes down.

And as a real stock works, you can sell back this stock whenever you want.
    Graal Since 2009
    Experienced Levels Artist, Graphics Artist, Gani Artist
    Any questions? Feel free to ask!
    In-Game Name: MSM
    Email: [email protected]

Street Boss
    Great ideas from all of you.
    Also Uchiha, that would be a great add-on and would prevent players from doing that.

Investments

Quote Originally Posted by Mrmweiss (MSM) View Post
    I like the idea of a stock market. There could be a stock market building, inside would be where you can buy stocks for "Fake" companies. Some may include the "Events Team Company". If many events are hosted that day/week then the stock goes up. If little events are hosted, stock goes down. And, each gun shop can have it's own stock, or a stock company all together. If the amount of gun purchases go up, stock price goes up. If the amount of gun purchases is very little that day/week, the stock price goes down.

And as a real stock works, you can sell back this stock whenever you want.
    This but use all thecurrent businesses. If you buy stock in Guns Point and someone bought a weapon rise, someone buying a gask mask from Panther International, or ice cream from Dairy Hut
    Quote Originally Posted by Ser View Post
    Your article has been used for the 7th edition of the newspaper.
    Be sure to read my article in the 7th edition of the Mercy Newspaper! In the once apon a time section.
    Mr Bojangle's Graphics
    Have Questions? Feel free to PM me!

I would seriously enjoy a stock market. That was one of my favorite things to screw around with in GTA V. My suggestion is that they create an interactive furniture piece that could allow you access to the stock market, preferably a computer. Then we could throw in a Wall Street reference into Era and name a new street after that. Finally, they could put a stock market central on that street where people could view and sell/buy stocks. That would definitely give me something to do in my free time.

Newcomer
    That would be adding real functions to the bank and it would be considered interests not investments. But yes, there could be a stock market. There is a chance it may crash..

A very great idea but new players would be like "OMG I JUST PUT MY 100 IN THE BANK AND NOW I HAVE TO WAIT A MONTH JUST TO GET 10 MORE DOLLARS!!" Or something like that but for "pros" or the "rich" it would be very useful.
    9/10
    iEra Username : Scar

Just Another Forum Manic.