View Poll Results: Should streaking be made more competitive?

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

23 65.71%
  • No

12 34.29%
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Preposed Streaking/Player Kill Zone Regulations. Your opinion matters!

Preposed Streaking/Player Kill Zone Regulations. Your opinion matters!

Since this is a debated topic, and not usually on the right thread I've decided to make these proposals, and want you all to give your opinions. Give supporting statements to your opinions if possible. If you have a good idea, I will even add it to the OP.

Pk to no Pk Zone changes
    So I have noticed that there is in fact a pk to no pk option to those running into no pk zones, but this is the situation. When you have a player streaking they merely run into the start area and behind cover. Why is this? Well that's because you can only damage a player entered from a pk zone to a no pk zone unless you shoot from the PK zone. Did I destroy anyone's brain with that statement? Sorry if I did. The other problem is the fact players run into buildings, yes there is in fact the option to chase them but they can in turn kill you or run behind cover to heal, as well as run into another room, so here are my proposals.

1 - Players running into no Pk zones to escape being killed can not quick slot to heal, I don't see why this shouldn't be done since they auto disable most effects after standing in start anyways. Going to a menu to eat is still active, but this reduces spam of just eating food while waiting for the pk timer to wear off.

2 - Combating Players can run into areas like start or other no pk zones to chase someone they've damaged and are running away to escape death for ten seconds. The one running can't heal and neither can the attacker, so why not let running away have some challenge atleast.
    image.jpg
    3 - If you have been damaged you cannot run into other rooms of a building until your pk timer has worn off. This I have seen countless times, instead of players running behind cover, they just run upstairs or to another room.

Healing Quickslots in General
    Ever since the release of Quickslots quickly swapping to a medical pack or eating food in general have been one of the most spammed items in combat. There is no balance with quick slotting health like with weapons, only the positive of health and almost immediate selection of it again.

1 - Many have proposed a trap like freeze when eating which I don't mind either. Personally I would like to see food removed from Quickslots. Healing staves would have more meaning to them then if that were done.

2 - My proposal if not removed entirely would be to have a timer on when the next heal item can be used say 10 seconds, and with the addition of having to stand for a second to eat it to have less than a trap effect, but still give a big disadvantage to just eating in the open while fighting. The fact they can't spam the button eating food is already disadvantage enough.

3 - When eating food in a building to escape death adds on to your pk timer for another 5 seconds, but excludes areas like start since you have to use the inventory to eat anyways.

Conclusion
    Thank you for reading some simple proposals, I'm just throwing some balanced ideas out there, they don't all have to be used at once, but would actually encourage competitive streaking. Even if these proposals were implemented there are plenty of options to just run away, but atleast this makes streaking slightly more challenging.

Community Ideas
    These are ideas that have good reasoning, posted by our users, and are balanced

Untilthemoonrises- As for the quick slots, what about adding a max limit? Like when someone goes to add say hotdogs the slots only hold say 5 hotdogs before you have to reslot them.

Vacci- Streaking rules should change to where if a player stays in a non-PK zone for over 10 to 15 seconds or enters a house, their streak should be erased. It would force players to keep themselves in more constant danger in order to keep their streaks. The non-PK zone timer could even only reset if the player stays in a PK zone for 30 consecutive seconds. It would eliminate those that'd abuse the timer by running in and out of a shop all the time to keep themselves safe for a long time.

Vacci- By offering a small gralat bonus players will have some reason to kill a streaker. This bonus can start off small like 25 gralats for someone at a 25 streak. Then, rewards can increase if a streaker reaches higher milestones. Of course, this will still have to be reasonable. The reward can go up by like 15 gralats for every 25 extra kills in their streak (i.e. 40 gralats at 50 kills, 55 gralats at 75 kills, etc.) This can be capped at 150 gralats for killing a person with a 225+ kill streak.

D12- When players are fighting in PK zones they should not be allowed to enter their house to escape and heal until they leave the pk zone and the timer is up.
    Last edited by Ventus; 06-25-2014 at 04:04 AM.
    Please message me here: http://www.era-go.com/forum/private.php?do=newpm&u=79 if you have any questions or concerns!

Welcome to Era-Go, a way to better interact with the Era community!

Did you make this thread after looking on my "This is ridiculous!"thread?Or you can read minds XD?

Development Team
    ^
    He reads minds frequently.

-------

I agree with this so much the only other problem with streaking is disappearing into house which I doubt can be fixed.
    As for the quick slots, what about adding a max limit? Like when someone goes to add say hotdogs the slots only hold say 5 hotdogs before you have to reslot them.
    But I support everything else haha.
    -* MOON

#Moontatorship

Quote Originally Posted by Untilthemoonrises View Post
    ^
    He reads minds frequently.

-------

I agree with this so much the only other problem with streaking is disappearing into house which I doubt can be fixed.
    As for the quick slots, what about adding a max limit? Like when someone goes to add say hotdogs the slots only hold say 5 hotdogs before you have to reslot them.
    But I support everything else haha.
    An excellent idea!

Quote Originally Posted by Kenan View Post
    Did you make this thread after looking on my "This is ridiculous!"thread?Or you can read minds XD?
    I did read it, but this topic seems to be all over now. So I thought why not add some proposals that everyone could discuss or even add onto together.
    Please message me here: http://www.era-go.com/forum/private.php?do=newpm&u=79 if you have any questions or concerns!

Banned
    If only PK zones have no hit timer...but then pbp and others will be useless.

i vote we just take heals out of quick slots.

Quote Originally Posted by Fake butter View Post
    This would be useful but would not eliminate the action of running into building to hide.

I updated the OP to be more reader friendly

Quote Originally Posted by Fake butter View Post
    It isn't that I don't think that quickslots weren't for a greater good when whoever released them did so, it is just that they weren't balanced. As with a weapon if it isn't balanced the whole system of combat can go out of wack if unchecked. In this case eating or healing as much as you want is a way of combat was never looked at, and so began this ideal that an easy way to beat the system almost 80% of the time, and sometimes more depending on the area of combat, went unchecked

Streaking rules should change to where if a player stays in a non-PK zone for over 10 to 15 seconds or enters a house, their streak should be erased. It would force players to keep themselves in more constant danger in order to keep their streaks. The non-PK zone timer could even only reset if the player stays in a PK zone for 30 consecutive seconds. It would eliminate those that'd abuse the timer by running in and out of a shop all the time to keep themselves safe for a long time.

Some nice insight so far, if you vote please give your opinion that would be much appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Vacci View Post
    Streaking rules should change to where if a player stays in a non-PK zone for over 10 to 15 seconds or enters a house, their streak should be erased. It would force players to keep themselves in more constant danger in order to keep their streaks. The non-PK zone timer could even only reset if the player stays in a PK zone for 30 consecutive seconds. It would eliminate those that'd abuse the timer by running in and out of a shop all the time to keep themselves safe for a long time.
    Added your idea to OP, well thought out ^^

- - - Updated - - -

I see two that say no, care to share your opinions? Some of the people saying yes have. Give us reasons why we shouldn't make something so easy to do competitive? Spam into a crowd of people and run away with no little to no limitations; that is what streaking has become.