Thread: General Era Starter Guide

General Era Starter Guide

Era Starter Guide

By: Dmitri

Intro

If you are new to Era iPhone, then I recommend you keep reading this guide. This guide will surely start you off on GraalOnline Era, but will not do everything for you totally. This guide is meant to start you off, not to guide you through the entire game. If you want to see the images I have posted, simply click on them and follow the URL. I recommend this, since the pictures explain more details.

Starting Out

When you first log into Era, you will recieve a screen that says 'Start' or 'Edit Profile'. I recommend just starting, but if you want to customize your character and give him/her a nickname, that is fine as well. When you are done, a person will appear asking if you want to do the tutorial. If you are following this guide, chose no when he asks you, or you may watch it. Now that you chose either path, you spawn in the same area as either one would have taken you. You spawn in a hospital, here is a picture to help you with the different buttons.

IMG_0378.jpgIMG_0397.jpgIMG_0379.jpg

Getting Money($)

Now that you know the different buttons and options, we can go over how to make some big bucks.

Digging Shells

Digging is probably the most common way to make money on Era. To start this job, locate a shell shop under the Jobs tab on your map. Travel to it, and go inside. Then, buy some shovels by clicking on the shovel and entering the amount you want. Don't use all your money, there are other jobs as well. Next, equipt your shovel to your items. Dig on a sandy beach of some sort and use your shovel until you find shells.

IMG_0387.jpgIMG_0388.jpg

Collecting Trash

Collecting trash is the most efficient way to get money without spending it! All you have to do is find a Recycling Center under the 'Jobs' tab on your map. Once there, pick up the trash pick on the table and equipt it. Now comes the hardest part, finding the trash. Trash spawns all around Era, and all you have to do is poke it with your pick, and you have your trash! Once you feel as you have a good sum of trash, go back to the recycling center. To sell your collected trash, go to the red boxes (you can either grab them or tap them).

IMG_0390.jpgIMG_0391.jpgIMG_0392.jpgIMG_0398.jpg

Collecting Mushrooms

This job was the newly released one on Era, and does pay well, if you do it correctly. To start this job, go to your map and under the base tab find the Guerru zone. See the star? Travel right up above it and you should see some type of tent. Go inside, and you should see a witch stirring a cauldron. Right behind her, is a mushroom knife (lasts forever, don't worry) that costs an easy $250. This enables you to collect mushrooms, which are located all around Era (usually in grassy areas). Once you have your mushrooms, go back to the witch and tap the cauldron to sell them.

IMG_0393.jpg

PvP

Now comes my favorite aspect of Era, the PvP (Player vs. Player). PvP areas are located pretty much everywhere around Era, except for a few places (around unstickme, start park, hostpitals). Now that you know how to make money though, you will be able to defend yourself with guns and melees. Now where do I get these guns, you ask? There are multiple shops located around Era with various weapons, but we will stay bland and recommend you to two of the shops. One of the shops, is called Chriz's shop. This shop is located right in Start Park and offers awesome cheap weapons for new players. My recommendation, start with the AK47 which is a total of $1500.

Now the most cheap melees you can buy are located in a shop in Southridge below the hospital named 'Wans Gun Shop'. The most efficient one (in my opinion) is the Machete, which is $700.

Repairing Weapons

In addition to buying weapons, you have the burden of having to repair those weapons. There are four stages of the gun:

• Perfect (+1 Damage)
    • Good (+0 Damage)
    • Getting Rusty (-1 Damage)
    • Rusty (-2 Damage)

Now to repair your weapon, you must find the correct materials to actually repair it. You can do this by mining, which again, is located under your 'Jobs' tab on your map. Let's skip ahead to where you have your materials. Go to the shop you bought the weapon from, and there should be a gray slab somewhere in the shop where you can repair your weapons. It usually costs about $200-$400 to repair a weapon.

Closing

I hope this helped you on your journey to playing this wonderful game known as GraalOnline Era. If you have anymore questions, please contact me on the forums or email me at: [email protected]. You may also message a Staff Member in game, but make sure they have the 'Player Relations' tag! Usually anyone else that has the (Admin) tag is working and does not respond.
    Last edited by Dmitri; 10-30-2013 at 12:54 AM. Reason: Old pictures were deleted, had to add some more from my computer.
    Former iEra Player Relations / Gani Artist

You can find me here most days

Veteran
    Good job, only if noobs knew about the forums
    just kidding, nice job on the guide!

Looks very nice!

Well done

Nice guide!
    -Johnaudi

Quote Originally Posted by cmx2us View Post
    only if noobs knew about the forums
    I know most noobs do not know about the forums, but when one asks me for help just starting out, I can redirect them to here. In comparison to messaging him/her this entire essay :P. But yeah, I understood where you were coming from.

Very good guide. I like the effort you put into it. +rep
    Roaming.

Banned
    Good job. very good post.
    Concise and to the point

Well Done!
    +Rep.

Wow you obviously took your time to thoroughly and clearly explain this. Great job If only I had this when I started playing.... I couldn't even figure out where the doors were.

Update: Added new pictures from the original post on Graalians.