Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Day/Night Feature

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Greg View Post
    Oh. The only problem with a time zone is some countries might always be in the dark while others always have day time.
    Didnt think of that oh well still a pretty great idea though

Correct me if I'm wrong, but does it not already have this? I've noticed a Minecraft Style. (10 minute day, 10 minute night) I say this because I've noticed as I travel somewhere via my vehicle that the lights are sometimes brighter and stand out more, whereas sometimes I struggle to see them.. and no my device's brightness is not being altered..
    #Ferio

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferio View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but does it not already have this? I've noticed a Minecraft Style. (10 minute day, 10 minute night) I say this because I've noticed as I travel somewhere via my vehicle that the lights are sometimes brighter and stand out more, whereas sometimes I struggle to see them.. and no my device's brightness is not being altered..
    It does not currently have this. The weather can become altered from foggy to clear to cloudy but no day/night and if so its clearly not defined well enough.

If love to see a day night cycle and maybe a flashlight?or light of some sort?

Communications Support xcloudx97's Avatar
    Good idea!With these addition day/night changes,I think it'll make era more realistic.
    Would like to see the weather having more detailed changes
    Come to think of it,What happened to raining?I know it might lag some.But particle effects can be decreased right?

All I know is that i want more lighting during darker weather/times. If this brings in stuff like flashlights and such, I'm all for it.

Banned
    15-30 Minute Day Cycle...
    I can live with that.

Banned
    The main problem of bringing all the old effects back will ruin some parts of era system.
    They can actually take up spaces of era capacity and cause major lagging.
    So, some stuff like weather effects were removed.

Communications Support xcloudx97's Avatar
    Yeah you're right..
    Server has been lagging lately I agree because of it's capacity not being to handle the increased amount of players.
    I think it needs an upgrade soon to make the game prosper even more.

Maybe this improvement can be considered only when the server is stable/upgraded.

Drop me a message if you have any queries.
    Please be specific,i won't bite.

Support center:support.toonslab.com
    New to the forums? Here's a guide!:http://era-go.com/forum/showthread.p...for-newcomers!

Era could have a day/night time by reading your time zone. This may be either simple or complex depending on what you have to do with the scripts. At night how about everything is just more...cloudly, dense, foggy, shady, and the light sources for lamps and guns etc. really improve how you see at night. The shadows can be the same as in the day, because the light from the moon coming from the sun is still visible, so it would still make sense for there to be shadows.
    Steam:MeatyRod